STORY AT A GLANCE
Headquarters: Farmington, CT
Industry: Health Insurance
Solution: Data Center Modernization & Refresh
Business demands for capacity growth, higher level performance and agility with a aging, disparate infrastructure.
Consolidation of Connecticare's VDI, database, virtualization, file and open systems environments into one centralized solution, leveraging, in part, NetApp's All Flash FAS arrays.
- Cut monthly run rate on lease from $46K to $24K
- Provided 10x performance and 4x capacity
- Incorporated agility into their Data Center
Connecticare's IT staff was facing growing expectations from the business in terms of capacity, performance and flexibility while supporting an aging, disparate infrastructure. Keeping up with these needs was taking up all of the staff's time, preventing them from being proactive and innovative.
- F3 conducted assessments on Connecticare's backup and storage environment
- Conducted a workshop with Connecticare to understand their current backup environment, business expectations in terms of RTO/RPO and the established custom best practices
- Designed a solution to meet anticipated needs for foreseeable future, while still remaining in budget
F3 consolidated Connecticare's VDI, database, virtualization, file and open systems environments on one centralized solution. By implementing NetApp's All Flash FAS arrays, Connecticare can count on a high performing, highly scalable, centrally managed environment. This platform can scale to address Connecticare's future needs and is agile enough to accommodate unforeseen future workloads. The same strategy was applied to designing and replacing Connecticare's backup environment. F3's architects updating Connecticare's backup software version and polices to "best practices" and provided a highly scalable and cost effective storage appliance to store and replicate backups.